Sometimes you want to dine on Monday as if it is still Sunday! That’s what happened last night, and we ended up having a beautiful pasta with chicken for dinner. Since we really enjoyed it, so I thought of sharing the recipe.
I cook my food not by measurements but what feels right to me. So please excuse me for not being able to share the exact quantity of the ingredients used, but I think it will be easy for you as well to customize according to your requirements. Here are the ingredients:
1.Pasta- preferably penne or fusilli
2.Chicken breasts sliced into small strips or cubes (I used one per person)
3.Broccoli- cut into medium sized florets
4.Red and yellow bell pepper- cut into long thin strips
5.Pasta sauce- home made or otherwise
6.Onion- chopped finely
7.Garlic- chopped finely
8.Ginger- grated or paste
10.Soy sauce (optional)
13.Crushed black pepper
14.Italian seasoning of your taste ( I used dried oregano and basil)
15. Chili Flakes
16. Cheese ( I used Amul processed Cheese because I don’t have access to other cheese)
1.To marinate the chicken, add the sliced chicken breast to a glass bowl. Add soy sauce( if using), salt, honey and black pepper to it and mix it well. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
2. Boil the pasta as per the instructions on the pack and keep it aside.
3. Add olive to a deep pan. Add chopped onions and let it cook till the onions become translucent. Add some chopped garlic and grated ginger and let it cook for 30-40 seconds. Add some water to it, mix the pasta sauce as per taste and mix it well. Add some honey , chili flakes, seasoning and salt. Mix well and let it cook for some more time. It will come together to a sauce consistency.
4.Mix cooked pasta to it. Add grated cheese, mix well and it is done.
5. In another pan, heat some olive oil. Add remaining garlic and ginger and cook for 30-40 seconds. Add chicken to it and cook till it is done. You can do it in batches if you are using large quantity of chicken. Chicken is done!
6. Boil water in a sauce pan with some salt. Add broccoli to it and let it blanch for around 3 minutes. Drain the water and run it through cold water. Add some salt, black pepper and olive oil to it. Broccoli is done!
7. In the same pan used to cook chicken, just stir in the sliced bell peppers with some salt for 1-2 minutes. The peppers are done!
Now just assemble your dinner. Fill up your plate with pasta, broccoli and peppers on the side, and top it up with chicken! Your dinner is ready!
I would love to hear from you in case you decide to make the recipe. Let me know how it turns out for you!!!